Over the weekend we had the great privilege of spending Greek Easter with some old friends. (Greek Easter is a week after western Easter) The day was filled with visiting, laughter, good wine and of course lamb. What made the day special for me was that my special friend Janet was the guest photographer for the day…oops wrong link. Other items on the menu included stuffed zucchini and an arugula salad. And then there was the perfect finish to the day, Peggy’s flour-less chocolate cake. A special thanks to all who made this day one to remember.
What you need for the perfect grilled lamb chops:
- 2 kilos lamb chops
- 5-6 lemons (remove zest)
- 2-3 handfuls of chopped fresh oregano (you could use dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How it’s done:
- Zest the lemons.
- Mix the chopped oregano and the zest together and apply liberally to the lamb chops.
- Generously salt the chops, squeeze the juice of one of the lemons over the top and toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Place the chops on your grill over medium heat. (The lamb has a lot of fat and if the heat is too high it will flare up)
- As the meat is grilling squeeze the lemons over the top to create a nice smokey aroma (thereby imparting flavour.)
- Grill to desired doneness and adjust the salt to your preference.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!