One of the benefits of having a 10 year old boy in the house is that you get to play with lego and any other cool toys that exist. As of late my son has been really interested in an online creative game called minecraft. I will spare you the gory details of gameplay, but when it was time for a birthday party theme, there was no doubt as to what it would be. To coincide with a minecraft marathon, I decided to create a menu inspired by the game. Minecraft as a building game has a few distinctive features: 1) you build with square blocks (dirt, stone, diamond, etc.) all varying in colour, but green being predominant 2) while you are building you have to watch out for zombie mobs and the dreaded green exploding Creeper. What better way to top up your life bar than build it yourself Creeper tacos. The recipe that follows is for the square tortillas and the rest, as in the game, is up to you.
What you need:
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup hot water
- green food colouring (evil, I know, but hey it is a Creeper!)
How it’s done:
- Mix the salt in with the flour and then cut in the oil.
- Mix the colouring with the hot water and then add to the flour.
- Mix well until you have a nice smooth ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2mm (1/8 in).
- Cut the dough into uniform squares of desired size.
- Fry each square in a little hot oil and place them in a bowl wrapped in a towel and cover with a lid.
- Once all have been cooked take whatever fillings you want and build your own taco creations!