I love these thin pancakes. They almost have a crepe like texture but not as eggy. Good with any topping but best with butter and powdered sugar. These are a family favorite.
What you need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- Zest of one lemon or 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 banana cut into thin slices
- Butter for frying
How it’s done:
- Mix dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, add milk, water, lemon (or vanilla), and banana.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquids.
- Mix well
- Heat your frying pan to medium heat and melt the butter
- Use a ladle to make even sized pancakes.
- Gently fry the pancakes. When bubbles appear on the surface you know it is time to flip them.
- When fried on both sides transfer to a warm plate.
- Re-butter the frying pan and continue until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.