If you are in need of a sleeper side dish this one’s for you. Unassuming, this Spanish-inspired tapas is really tasty and simple to make. I cooked this for a party I had over the weekend and it was the surprise hit.
What you need:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
- 3 potatoes chopped (same size as cauliflower florets)
- 1 small cucumber peeled
- 3 boiled eggs peeled and halved
- Coarse salt (for the cucumbers)
- 3 tbsp olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp mayonaise (this depends how much of the mayo you want to taste)
- A dash of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL 10-12 large shrimp shelled, deveined and cooked
How it’s done:
- Finely slice the cucumber, place in a bowl, liberally sprinkle with coarse salt, and let stand for about 30-40 min. After allotted time rinse the salt off and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil over the top and set aside.
- Boil the cauliflower florets for about 10 mins. until soft but not mushy. Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil over the top and set aside.
- Gently mix the potato, cauliflower and cucumber (and optional shrimp.)
- Whisk the olive oil and vinegar and slowly add it to the mayo.
- Add the mayo mixture to the cauliflower mixture and gently toss.
- To serve, place the salad into a bowl and garnish with the eggs and season with a little salt and pepper and a dash of paprika.